Contact the referral call center:
Phone: A service representative will pick-up your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This is a toll free call from anywhere in the continental United States
Live Chat: hours are 8AM -8PM (M-F) EST.
Pasquale Casale, MD
- Primary Specialty
- Pediatric Urology (Board Certified)
- Board Certifications
- Education And Training
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- MD, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Internship: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Residency: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Fellowship: Seattle Children's Hospital
- Areas of Expertise
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery
- Congenital Anomaly of Bladder
- Genitourinary Reconstruction
- Urinary Reflux
- Undescended Testes
- Robotic Surgery
- Urinary Incontinence
- Genital Disorders (Boy and Girl)
- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
- Congenital Anomaly of Kidney
- Kidney Laparoscopic Surgery
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Insurance Programs Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity [HMO, Medicare]
- Asuris National Preferred [PPO]
- Beechstreet (Medichoice) [PPO]
- CIGNA [Columbia University Employee Plan, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Connecticare [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [EPO, HMO, NYPH Employees Only]
- Great West (National) [PPO]
- Health First [HMO, Medicaid, POS]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [HMO, POS, PPO]
- Local 1199 [National Benefit Fund]
- MagnaCare (National) [PPO]
- Medica Choice (National) [PPO]
- Multiplan [PPO]
- MVP Cigna Health Plan [EPO, Open Access, PPO]
- MVP Cigna Health Plan (National) [PPO]
- NALC Cigna Plan (National) [PPO]
- Neighborhood Health Providers [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom HMO, Liberty HMO, Medicare, Medicare Advantage]
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) [POS, PPO]
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS/National) [PPO]
- Secure Horizons [HMO, Medicare]
- United Healthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, EPO, HMO, Medicare, POS, PPO]
- WellChoice [EPO, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Gender Male
Appointed as Chief of Pediatric Urology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital and Professor of Urology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons New York (Jul 17, 2012)
One of the foremost authorities on pediatric minimally invasive surgeries, Dr. Pasquale Casale has been appointed chief of pediatric urology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital and professor of urology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Casale specializes in pediatric genitourinary reconstructive surgery and minimally invasive surgery, with an emphasis on laparoscopy, robotic surgery and stone disease. He has developed a number of minimally invasive techniques for pediatric patients, including robot-assisted and endoscopic procedures. While researching kidney stone disease in children, Dr. Casale found that some children's kidneys behave differently from each another. The right kidney will have elevated levels of calcium, while the left kidney remains normal. This finding is changing kidney stone disease treatment.
"I want to redirect the pediatric urology program," says Dr. Casale. "I look forward to working with my colleagues at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital as we develop new treatments for children that are effective and safe, with a shorter recovery time."
"Over the past decade, there has been a push for growth in technology and treatment methods for children," says Dr. Mitchell Benson, chairman of urology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. "Dr. Casale is a leader in this specialized field and will help us continue to pioneer procedures and provide the very best care for children."
Previously, Dr. Casale was the director of minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery, as well as co-director of the surgical simulation and training lab, at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. He frequently serves as a lecturer and visiting professor, both nationally and internationally, on advanced laparoscopy and reconstruction, as well as on endourology and robotic surgery for children.
Dr. Casale received his medical degree from The Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York, and did his surgical training at The Beth Israel Medical Center in New York and his urologic training at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He completed a two-year fellowship in pediatric urology at Seattle Children's Hospital.
Dr. Casale is board certified and is a member of the American College of Surgeons, the American Urological Association and the Society for Pediatric Urology. He also has specialty certification in extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy and robotic-assisted surgery. He holds editorial board positions on many scientific journals and has authored hundreds of articles, editorials and book chapters.
- This provider accepts new patients
- Appointment Phone Number:
- Primary Office
New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 305-9918
- Secondary Office
51 West 51st Street
Suite 375 New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 305-9918
Public Transportation: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes
- Non-English Languages Spoken: